Sunday, May 22, 2011

Riverwest Spaces and Traces Walking Tour

Saturday was the Historic Milwaukee Spaces and Traces walking tour of the Riverwest area. Luckily there was a Groupon for this so I snatched it up-glad I didn't get my ticket early. :) One of the houses we toured was Thallis Drake's house (featured in last week's Journal/Sentinel). Roger knows her from an early music program she founded. We took a lunch break and shared an omelet at Stonefly Brewery which was packed because of the walk. They were so busy one of the bartenders left a bloody mary, unspoken for, in front of me. The frugal part of me wanted to take it-I asked a few times but got no response. ;( After a few more houses-we'd been at this since 9am and now it was 2pm-we went to Waterford wine for a free Rose' tasting. We finshed the last few houses, and went to a fundraiser my niece was having-Cookies for Kids' Cancer Bake Sale. I got a big bag of cookes for only $10. Now I have to give them away so I don't eat them all! :) Sunday we went to the Haggerty art museum-the last day of a great photgraphy exhibit. The Haggerty is always free-a real gem of a museum in Milwaukee. Tonight heading to Ned's for leftovers-Roger doesn't approve (some beans and potato salad from a party), but I do-it's free. Plus, plenty of wine! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment