Saturday, May 14, 2011

Casa Happiness

Update: The exhibit was mention in the Shepherd Express in July.

We went to the Portrait Gallery last night where our friend Joe Drinka's aunt had a showing of old Kodachrome slides from her 1957 honeymoon in Cuba. Free mojitos, plantains, and other Cuban-style food was served-free of course! :)



“Casa Happiness” a collection of printed Kodachrome slides of local attorney Judy Drinka’s 1957 honeymoon in Cuba. Ms. Drinka was 19 years old and had never been out of the country. Her new husband, Martin, was a camera buff who took many slides during their three-week trip.

1 comment:

  1. OH MY GOD! I have been craving a mojito for about 3 months now...oddly enough, Angel informed me that in Mexican Spanish "mojito" is slang for a "wetback!" So even though he loves the drink, he always feels weird ordering one...anywho I see I have missed a ton of your recent posts as I have been in paper-writing hell for the past month, so now I must catch up!

    ReplyDelete