Sunday, May 1, 2011

Financial Literacy Party!


April was  Financial Literacy Month, so the party's over. :( WI is leading the coalition to financial literacy due to the Jump$tart Coalition for Personal Financial Literacy. Every Tuesday morning I listen to the Joy Cardin show on WPR. She and financial planner Kevin McKinley celebrated Financial Literacy Month last Tuesday. If I miss the show, I listen to her archives. He has great, common sense advice, and, most importantly-he's funny. Important to me, I guess! ;) I specially listen to advice on spending, planning for retirement, and budgeting.


Today I'm going to UWM to see a free Italian movie (with free parking and cheap popcorn), then over to our friend Ned's for a nutritious dinner. I won't tell you what I did Friday night since it involved spending too much money going out. Though we did split a meal at Emeror of China and did use a coupon yesterday for Indian food. I'm punishing myself this afternoon by staying home and blogging and doing schoolwork. I really should get out and exercise, but it's easier to sit inside and watch the cat sleep. ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment