Saturday, February 5, 2011

The Blizzard of 2011

Most of Wednesday was spent shoveling out. Restaurants were closed so we went to Metro Market (which was packed, but shelves were empty) and picked up some pork chops. We had dinner at home and watched DVR'd shows and drank wine. Thursday night Roger had a cooking class at the public market. I met up with him afterwards and used a Groupon for Palms bistro. Had calamari appetizer and pasta with shrimp and a bottle of wine. Friday night we went to a free Scotch tatsing at Waterford Wine, then to a free French film at UWM. Dinner after-leftovers from Thursday's cooking class at the Public Market. It was Chinese food, so had lots of that-and more wine, of course! Saturday we went to Thief Wine in Shorewood for a free wine tasting. Then I went to our friend Ned's house-he had a group over and made homemade lasagna-yum! Sunday is the Super Bowl. I'll have to find someplace that has free food! :) Roger's going to see the Fine Arts Quartet at UWM-free this year. I may go to another free French film first-he'll probably catch up after that.



2 comments:

  1. Burrr...... The picture of your street makes me shiver....

    Glad you got all shoveled out!

    Derek

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I rent! I think the last time I shoveled was in '99...

    ReplyDelete