Saturday, November 28, 2015

Trying to Quantify Discounts




We had dinner at Juniper 61 in 'Tosa last Wednesday before Thanksgiving. I'm trying to put a number on the various ways we saved money. Steve thought we should have stayed home and made Ramen noodles, but then I wouldn't be a Frugal Spendthrift!

We shared a goat tart and chicken paprikash: $24. The wine was $34.

On Wednesdays, they take off $10 for wine, and also have a punch card: 12 punches one free bottle, so maybe around $3 more off, so $13 saved on wine.

I get Delta and Southwest miles, so like 5 Delta and 10 Southwest miles (haven't seen them show up yet, so guessing).

Also they use the Small Shops card, so get 3% back. So another $1.50.

So, maybe saved around $15, just by doing nothing! :)

I need to up my game and check Groupons more and make sure I frequent Small shops businesses and ones that get the Art museum memberships.

No comments:

Post a Comment