Monday, July 11, 2011

A Frugal Weekend

Friday night I went to a Brewer's game, for free, of course! A friend's law firm had a tailgate party. Lots of great food, and drinks, and the weather was great. After the game we went downtown and shared some sparkling wine on the rooftop of cafe Benelux-a great view of the third ward.


We had some great collaborative meals over the weekend. Lots of good food at a reasonable price. While shopping at Metro Market, especially on weekends, I take advantage of all the free samples. This weekend had free salad, wine tastings, cheese tastings, some great whole grain bread. Tonight, Monday, I'm going to a free screening at the Oriental. Not sure how I'm score a free meal out of this-may have to dip into a Groupon or find somebody I know to buy me some popcorn. :)

1 comment:

  1. I'd estimate that about 85% of your frugal finds involve either cheese, wine, movies or a combo of the three - that's what I like about you!

    ReplyDelete